Wednesday, November 11, 2009

A Change Of Scenery / A Change Of Creativity

WIP / LOL

I'm really hoping that the change of scenery and a little mood music here will put my mind on track to Christmas / Yule Creating, sure hope it works and this is why....

Recently I took an online sculpting course with Pattee of Odd Dolls
www.odd-dolls.blogspot.com and I must say she is such a sweet person. I have completed the first class and well yay, I've already signed up for her second class. I think I've found a new passion, hummmmm not quite sure yet but it might just be better than yarn, hehehehehe. Well I'm certainly no master sculptor, but with a little practice ummmm you never know, right.....

Well here is a picture of my first piece she isn't finished yet maybe after Christmas.

Photobucket

Last night I sat down determined to sculpt my second piece and my first Christmas / Yule Ornament but again the brain appears to be still in Halloween mode because it became this...Looks a bit more like a Disney's Haunted Mansion Ghost Face to me, sigh.




Photobucket

So as you can see I really need to convince my brain that its time to create for the Christmas / Yule Season before it is over, I sure hope this works, hehehehehehehe.

How about you??????

Brenda

8 comments:

  1. Oh she is so splendid! I do think that she might need a holly vine around her beautiful hat with some mistletoe. Then she would be dressed for Yule.

    Please don't ever say that you aren't going to be making those wonderful slippers that you do! I could live in them. hehehe

    (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dede, what a fab idea!! I didn't even think to make her into a Yule Witch.

    I couldn't get out of the slipper business even if I tried, lol. That is what all of my family and friends request EVERY year. Of coarse my sister also drops hints every year for more crocheted and / or knitted dishcloths too. At least they appreciate handmade goodies and I am very happy about that.

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda you have done a marvelous work of art!!!
    She looks almost exactly like Pattee's witch!!!
    blessings,Flora

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brenda your witch turned out just fantastic!!! Did you upload it to the ning! You should... I'll go check.. : )
    I love the second guy you did. Now are those bear eyes? They look like some I have. That are plastic... If your going to bake him be sure to cover his eye with something wet like a paper towel..

    Slippers????? Do you make felted slippers??? I want a pair and how do I see them~:)

    Cheers~Pattee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brenda,the expressions on your pieces are just wonderful...by the way,I'm loving this new look on your blog!!!!Looks Great!!Cat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again Brenda, I left you something on my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job, I love the hair color! :)

    ReplyDelete